Everyone’s seen them; those flashing banners that claim that to guarantees to help a person lose 20 pounds or more in 2 weeks. For someone desperate to lose weight, for either health reasons, looks, or a special occasion, these claims are so tempting it’s hard not to stop and dream. Such diets might even work. For a little while. But the weight always comes back—with an average of 11 pounds more than the starting weight!
Simply put there are healthy and unhealthy ways to lose weight.
Healthy Vs. Unhealthy Weight Loss
Unhealthy weight loss programs, or fads, are actually more damaging to the body than being over weight to begin with.
- Very Low Calories Diets encourage a person to barely eat at all, triggering the body’s natural starvation mode. When this happens, the body begins to absorbs and use muscle tissues to get the daily energy it needs for the vital organs to function, while storing and hording all fat cells. Meaning the numbers on the scale are going down, but the ration of fat to muscles is tipping severely to the fat side. And as soon as a normal amount of calories is consumed again, the weight will come back—quickly and higher than ever.
- Prepackaged Food Diets sound wonderful. The pictures on the TV even look wonderful. It takes away all second guessing involved with measuring out the calories for the day. There’s no effort. It gets shipped to the front door, just throw it in the microwave and—bingo!—the scale goes down. Unfortunately, that’s because all the food has been stripped of anything nutritious. Empty calories. That might sound great, but without enough nutrients, the body will still go into starvation mode and pull nutrients from places like bone marrow. This leaves the body in a weakened state, susceptible to illness and injury.
Healthy weight loss might not be as fast, but the weight will come off, and stay off!
- Healthy weight loss rates tend to happen at 1-2 pounds a week. (After the first initial drop when starting a diet.) A pound of fat equals about 3,500 calories. By burning 500 calories more than consumed a day, healthy weight loss is sure to happen without triggering the body’s dangerous starvation mode.
- Eating the right kind of food in a disciplined manner is a major factor in losing weight in a healthy way. Consuming healthy calories from fresh foods that are low in calories and anti-inflammatory in nature will help maintain the body’s healthy while the numbers on the scale go down.
ChiroThin™, a Healthy Weightloss Program
ChiroThin™ is a blend of amino acids, vitamins, and cell salts that combine to help improve body function. This all happens while losing weight in a natural and under a doctor’s supervision. The revolutionary, nutritional formula works to promote fatty acid metabolism and transportation, stabilize blood sugar levels, and enhance over all detoxification and metabolism. This encourages and enables the body to metabolize fat cells, leaving the muscles to maintain their health while weight is lost.
Added with the specific low-calorie, anti-inflammatory diet suggested by a licensed chiropractor, each patient will learn specifically what dietary guidelines is best for their body type to ensure that they lose weight and keep it off after the 60-day ChiroThin™ Weight Loss program ends. This means that participants will lose weight eating normal food bought from the grocery store, in a safe, affordable, and effective way.
ChiroThin™ Protective Guidelines
- The ChiroThin™ Program is a doctor supervised program with weekly doctor visits. Patients will be able to ask questions and express concerns regarding their health, discuss positives and negatives about their diet, and reflect on challenges and benefits they are experiencing. After determining the patient’s BMI (Body Mass Index), doctors give detailed instructions to follow over the next week, adjusting the diet regiment as needed.
- All participants undergo prescreening for any complicating issues, poor prognostic indicators, and contraindication. Results are discussed with the participants, and any concerns with starting the diet are expressed. If the concerns are too great, a person may not be allowed to participate in the program.
More on ChiroThin
The ChiroThin™ Program uses a Low Glycemic Index and Anti-Inflammatory (LGAI) diet. Failure to exclusively use diet might result in failure to lose weight. It is not a ‘protein-only’ diet. Healthy complex carbohydrates in moderation are just as important to the body as proteins. They help prevent electrolyte loss, the complications of ketosis, diuresis, refeeding edema, as well as improving muscular durability
Participants can expect to consume twenty-four to thirty ounces of nutrient-rich, anti-inflammatory and low glycemic foods a day. These recommended foods are paired with the ChiroThin™ droplets to enable the healthiest weight loss results. This weight loss program will assist in suppressing craving and hunger pains, alleviate blood sugar levels, metabolize fatty acids. The overall effect will also help detox the body, leaving the partaker’s body feeling uplifted and full of energy.
Start Losing Weight the Healthy Way
The ChiroThin™ Program is a six-week program, in accordance to the standards of The Dietary Guidelines for Americans for VLCDs (very low calories diets). The guidelines require: doctor supervision, dietary modifications, limited time on the VLCD, and nutritional enhancement assistance.
At the end of the program, the patient will start a ‘refeeding’ stage to help the patient’s body ease back into a ‘normal’ diet of LGAI foods, without illness or gaining back the weight they just lost.
Each patient is provided guidelines, tools and strategies by their personal Freedom Health Center Doctor, based on their BMI and overall health. These guidelines help the participant achieve a long-term weight loss success. They also increase the likelihood of keeping the weight off.
Don’t miss out on the quality of life you deserve. Call the staff of Freedom Health Center now at 972-542-3300.
Individual results may vary.
“These statements have not been evaluated by the United States Food & Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease.”