Win The Battle Against Pain
We can help you start your road to recovery
The wear and tear of daily life can leave you sore at the end of a big day. However, that pain should quickly disappear when you take enough time for relaxation and self care. Many patients are so busy with family life and work that they don’t even notice they have to keep popping over the counter pain killers all day to feel comfortable. When you do realize you’re being plagued with a low or moderate level of chronic pain, find effective solutions in our McKinney clinic.
What is Chronic Pain?
Pain is a normal and natural reaction that helps warn you when an injury or illness is threatening your health. The irritation of a bee sting or scraped knee is acute pain. This symptom becomes chronic when it occurs daily or nearly daily for weeks on end. Once your pain remains constant or episodic over months, there is definitely a serious problem. Don’t wait to seek treatment at our McKinney office when experiencing chronic pain. You could be dealing with a condition that needs immediate treatment.
Chronic Pain Symptoms
If you experience pain at least two to three times per week, you should visit us for diagnostics and treatment. Daily pain needs immediate treatment, especially if it is moderate to severe. We focus on alternatives to medications and surgery for symptoms like:
Cause of Chronic Pain
Chronic pain could indicate a range of illnesses and ailments. All of them are serious, so make an appointment if your aches and irritation doesn’t go away shortly after an injury. Some of the most common causes of daily pain include:
- Nerve damage due to diabetes or traumatic injury
- Muscle strain and overuse
- Depleted cartilage in joints
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated discs or spinal misalignment that is compressing major nerves
Chronic Pain Risks
If you are currently without chronic pain, you may be able to avoid developing this problem in the future by caring for your health now. However, some risk factors are simply out of your control. Watch out for risks like:
- Stress from your career or family demands
- Major surgeries
- Gender – Women report more chronic pain than men
- Injuries from strenuous work or sports participation
Chronic Pain Treatment Options
Most doctors only prescribe narcotic painkillers to patients with chronic pain that won’t heal on its own. We specialize in more conservative treatments with far fewer side effects and risks. Try the safer options like:
- Massage therapy that eliminates tension and keeps pain away for days or weeks
- Electrical stimulation to soothe nerves irritated by damage or pressure
- Spinal manipulation and chiropractic care
- Full physical examinations from a medical doctor
- In-depth testing through X-rays, MRIs, and full nutritional and allergy testing to discover a cause
Break Out From Under The Burden Of Chronic Pain
Finding freedom from pain that has haunted you for months or years could give you a new lease on life. Imagine having more energy to spend time with your family or pursue your career. If you have been on disability, you may even transition back into the work force after finding a way to safely manage and prevent pain. Start down the road to recovery by stopping by our McKinney pain management clinic.