Can an alternative medicine practitioner help your pain? Is it possible that you can get well holistically, without invasive procedures and interventions? These are controversial questions that come up frequently when thinking of pain management. People often wonder if unorthodox medicine is the route they should choose. The goal of alternative medicine is to promote health and wellness in a non-invasive, organic manner. Trying this approach might be right for you. It’s surprising how many things alternative medicine practitioners can treat and how many services they provide (with great histories of success).
What Can an Alternative Medicine Practitioner Treat?
Here’s a look at some of the ways alternative medicine practitioners can help.
- Allergy testing. Allergies affect millions of people every year. For some, they’re nothing but a small nuisance. However, for others, allergies can be quite painful. Severe allergies lead to a lack of sleep and social isolation. They can also lead to more serious ailments like bloody noses, trouble breathing, and even ear infections. The first step is to be tested for allergies. Once you’re tested and aware of what your body is sensitive to, you’ll be able to create a treatment plan with your practitioner and then take action.
- Injuries (and injury prevention). In alternative medicine, there are programs and sessions available to athletes who want to work on their injury prevention. There are also programs that help people who have previous injuries strengthen their weak spots. This is ideal when someone wants to avoid future surgeries, pain medications, and invasive procedures. One of the aspects of treating injuries involves chiropractic care, where the affected area is targeted. Chiropractors are trained in pain management and know exactly how to help.
- Fibromyalgia management. Chiropractic care is one of the biggest cornerstones of alternative medicine, and it’s also one of the options to treat fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia can fill your life with pain and immobility. It can also keep you inside and away from your life and your relationships. Adjustments can help with the increase of mobility in the joints, which reduces pain. Chiropractic care can also slow down the progression of fibromyalgia.
Additional Treatments from Alternative Medicine Practitioners
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a great holistic approach to treating pain from injuries, conditions, and illnesses. Alternative medicine practitioners are certified to find the right pressure point and give the perfect massage to alleviate pain. The best part? No pain medication needed.
- Nutritional assessments. Taking charge of your health is the best way you can actively prevent future illness/disease. Alternative medicine practitioners are trained in educating people on this. They can assess your health needs and help you make a plan. They’ll take a look at what you’re eating as well as what kind of exercise you’re doing and they’ll get you on the right track. The main thing they look for is what kind of vitamins you may be lacking. Even with a wide variety of foods available to us, it’s difficult to figure out exactly what nutrients we need and when. Through a series of tests, your practitioner will be able to pinpoint exactly what you need in your diet.
- Health and wellness blood testing. Things like recurring injuries, fatigue, weight gain, depression, and muscle aches are not normal. They also prevent you from living your best life. A good way to figure out why you’re feeling what you’re feeling is by taking some blood tests and having a professional look them over. From there, you’ll be able to see any nutritional deficiencies and additional risk factors you may not be aware of.
Advanced Alternative Medicine
- Non-invasive vascular testing. The circulatory system is responsible for keeping all of the parts of your body supplied with things like oxygen, proteins, hormones, and more. When there is something off with your vascular system, you’ll experience things like more frequent injuries and congenital complications. These can turn into chronic conditions if you’re not careful. A lot of times, if a doctor suspects vascular issues, he/she will recommend invasive exploratory surgery. Thankfully, you don’t need to go that far to find out what’s wrong. There are now non-invasive, holistic options available to you.
- Trigger point therapy. This goes in conjunction with massage therapy. Trigger points are tight knots of tension in your back and neck. They cause quite a few health problems. Trigger point therapy allows alternative medicine practitioners the opportunity to release these knots and ease your aches and pains.
- Regenerative medicine. Regenerative medicine can help with a myriad of diseases. It involves the manipulation of your body’s cells. This is a very complicated practice that takes educated and experienced alternative medicine practitioners, so it’s important that you find someone who meets these criteria.
- Inflammation/joint injections. Alternative medicine also offers the option of corticosteroid joint injections. This approach is a simple way to treat and manage your pain. When done by professionals, it can offer you narcotic-free pain-relief.
Learning More about Alternative Medicine Practitioners
There are many ways alternative medicine can help with your pain, and these are just a few. The most popular techniques are related to chiropractic care, regenerative medicine, and physical therapy. Many of the options listed above are sub-categories of those main techniques. All three techniques are non-invasive, and all three techniques have had significant success in treating pain. If holistic medicine can treat and manage pain, why not try it before drastic measures like surgery or pain medication? You may find yourself symptom-free after a trip to your alternative medicine practitioner. What’s more – they are interested in full body/mind health. They will treat the symptoms but they will also treat the cause of your symptoms.
You can always go in for a consultation if you’re not sure. Consultations are a great way to learn more about your practitioner and get comfortable with him/her and the office. Make sure you look for testimonials from other customers. That will help you in making the decision of whether or not to move forward. Through testimonials you’ll be able to see how alternative medicine has helped other people just like you.